Springtime is coming! It’s a profitable season as customers venture outside, fire up the BBQs and ‘get healthy’ with gourmet seasonal Spring salads and strawberry laden fruit platters.
In-store merchandising techniques have a very positive impact on sales and GP during this time. Our Retail Support Consultants use the ‘Super Seven’ to boost sales during Spring. These are:
- Take advantage of cross-merchandising opportunities – display salad produce with gourmet and value-added ranges such as Yarra Valley Foods famous gourmet salad dressings with salad produce.
- Merchandise complementary produce around your store specials and promotional lines to create ‘selling up’ opportunities – such as strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce.
- Maintain a ‘point of difference’ by changing the layout of produce displays weekly.
- Create that ‘wow factor’ with big displays – create a ‘spill over’ or ‘floor stack’ of seasonal produce such as strawberries.
- Use all available display props to your advantage such as ‘display bins’ and stands.
- Colour block – create big produce displays with complementary produce colours such as leafy green lettuce next to red tomatoes.
- Make sure the produce is always fresh, available and in stock. Remember fresh produce and variety changes every day. Consumer demands, weather patterns and holiday seasons will govern market prices.
And don’t forget to keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends. We offer our customers in-store support including training in merchandising and department relays to create successful seasonal layouts and the latest industry trends to maximize your GP.